The name might not imply it, but cosmetic dentistry is very important to work. For many people when they want cosmetic dentistry it is not always just because they want to look beautiful, but sometimes it is to correct problems that really cause them a lot of oral hygiene issues. There’s nothing wrong with cosmetic dentistry to create beautiful smiles because we are all are judged on the way that we look. We get a mixture of both kinds of patients in our practice. People who are simply trying to look better. People who have injuries and other problems that bring them to our Dental Group. No matter the reason why anyone ends up at Chagger Dental, we will do our very best job. We are one of the best dental groups for dental restorations in the area.
There are 5 types of cosmetic procedures;
- 1. Inlays and outlays
- These are indirect fillings, made by a dental lab and used when tooth has a small decay with not enough room to provide a regular filling. These are made from a composite resin. This dental procedure strengthens the teeth to avoid any further decay.
- 2. Composite bonding
- Dental bonding is the repair of decayed, damaged or discolored teeth using a tooth coloured enamel. During this form of restorative dentistry, the dental professional will drill out the tooth decay and then apply the composite.
- 3. Dental veneers
- made to resemble the patients natural tooth, porcelain veneers are the most drastic form of cosmetic dentistry. They change the shape and colouring of the natural tooth to fix any discoloration or damage. The veneer is applied to the surface of the tooth.
- 4. Teeth whitening
- teeth whitening or teeth bleaching is a common procedure that can be done at your dentist’s office, but is commonly done at home as well. Dentists can provide you with an at home kit, for you to perform weekly treatments yourself. Teeth can become stained from excessive coffee, tea or red wine which can cause your teeth to deter and effect your oral health.
- 5. Dental Implants
- used to replace missing teeth. Implants can be one tooth or an entire mouth (also known as dentures). The implants go indistinguishable from the surrounding teeth. Dental implants may be recommend to patients as a form of pain treatment, where we suggest removing a tooth causing consistent pain as an option.
If you are looking for a reputable dental professional to perform your cosmetic wishes, we have you covered. Our dental professionals are experts restoring smiles and would be glad to discuss any options with you next time you schedule appointment. You are sure to be in the best dental care at Chagger Dental! Come meet our team!